- UTC 0
- CLOSING DATE:
The Finance Against Slavery and Trafficking (FAST) initiative was launched in mid-2018 as a public-private partnership in response to calls from the G7, the G20, and the United Nations General Assembly to mobilize the private sector in the fight against modern slavery and human trafficking. In under two years, the initiative has already had substantial impact, having trained thousands of financial sector professionals in more than 130 countries, mobilized institutional investors with more than USD 8 trillion assets under management to tackle modern slavery and human trafficking, developed risk analysis tools for the sector, and provided input into a range of multilateral and regulatory policy processes. It has also organized a coalition of banks and survivor support organizations to provide survivors with improved access to financial services. Owing to the generous support of FAST donors, the project has been extended and is successfully poised for growth.
FAST is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Operations Manager to provide administrative and logistical support across its team.
- Contribute to the implementation of the project in full compliance with the overall substantive and operational guidance provided by UNU and in line with donor agreements
- Collect and develop project reports and insights, coordinate the production of project reports to ensure effective implementation of the monitoring and evaluation for the project
- Maintain up-to-date records and status of project progress
- Review and analyse the project’s results-based management tools, including the result frameworks, indicators, with a view to ensuring that the programming within the project remains on-target
- Maintain accurate records of reporting requirements and deadlines and assist with preparing donor reports
- Assist in identifying grant opportunitiesand developing grant proposals in line with UNU procedures and in close consultation with FAST Project Director
- Provide occasional research and data analysis support as required.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the FAST Initiative, in particular to the FAST Project Director and Workstream Leads and in line with UNU policies and procedures
- Administrative coordination of hiring – post vacancy announcements, compile applications, and support interview panels
- Working with UNU-CPR operations staff and the FAST team, compile receipts and invoices, ensure payments to vendors, and assist with bookkeeping on conference-related expenses
- Support the communications manager, including in liaising with graphic designers and editors for other multi-media outputs, help draft tweets and pull photos for – or – create accompanying graphics for tweets and other social media posts, assist with the workflow during the editorial processes
- Facilitate smooth administration of essential business needs, including on budget, data management, and CRM systems
- Monitor project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving the project output
- Monitor the work of the project and budget by conducting regular reviews to assess progress of actual work versus the program plan
- Coordinate budget-related activities for the project, in close consultation with the FAST Project Director, monitor expenditure levels, and coordinate the preparation of related documents/reports
- Ensure effective travel management and events support
- Coordinate with UNU-CPR operations team to organize the travel, accommodation, and/or DSA reimbursements for FAST team members, event attendees including speakers
- Provide advice to FAST personnel on the application of travel policies and processes
- Take notes during meetings as required liaise with internal and external partners to schedule meetings
- Support the events officer in all aspects of events organization, including serving as the logistical focal point, and assisting speakers and team members as required
- Assist in setting up other occasional project events (e.g., brown bag talks, virtual panels) and the logistics and communication work needed to support them in coordination with the comms and events officer
- Other duties as required by the FAST Project Director.
Expected start date: December 2022
Apply by 9 October 2022 through UNU Careers Portal.